5890 Adams Blvd – Culver City – 90232

Providing Refrigerated Rental Vans in LA

Do you need a refrigerated van to transport your cold cargo? By renting from California Rent A Car, you won’t have to worry about your temperature sensitive product during transport or throughout an event. Our refrigerated and freezer vans are a great solution for any event or logistics effort that requires mobile refrigeration. We have a variety of refrigerated vans in Los Angeles that you can choose from, all powered by Thermo King, the industry leader in mobile refrigeration. A wide range of renters from catering and biomedical companies to florists and beverage distribution companies have already experienced the California Rent A Car difference. Visit us at our Culver City location for your next refrigerator or freezer van rental.

WATCH REFRIGERATED VAN
VIDEO TUTORIAL

FAQ

IF I SET THE THERMOSTAT TO A SPECIFIC TEMPERATURE, HOW CERTAIN CAN I BE THAT IT WILL HOLD?

If left alone with all doors closed, the unit should keep the desired temperature within a degree or two, but a van sitting in direct sunlight will most likely be warmer than desired. Adjust the thermostat to make up for the heat generated by the sun or keep the van out of direct sunlight.

Also keep in mind that every time a door is opened, cold air will escape, causing the temperature to increase. If you’re concerned with keeping the temperature consistent, keep the back of the van sealed (in other words, don’t open the doors so much).

I KNOW THIS CAN KEEP MY THINGS COLD, BUT CAN THIS VAN KEEP THINGS FROZEN?

Not all vans are designed to be freezer vans, but we do carry them. Just make sure you request the freezer van over the refrigerator van.

WHAT IS STANDBY MODE AND HOW DOES IT WORK?

The refrigeration (or freezer) unit will work best when in Standby mode (aka plugged in to a power source) however it must be executed properly or you will either cause damage to the unit or it just won’t work properly or both.

Standby mode for Refrigerator vans:
  • Turn the van’s engine is OFF and take the key out of the ignition
  • Plug the cable’s circular connector into the van and turn clockwise until it locks into place. Plug the other end into a 110V single phase (standard residential) outlet.
  • Turn control box ON via power button and set to desired temperature 
  • Do not use extension cords
Standby mode for Freezer vans:

Please note: The van’s standby cable is 30 AMP 3 PHASE 4 WIRE STRAIGHT 250 VOLT

• Turn the van’s engine is OFF and take the key out of the ignition
  • Plug the cable’s circular connector into the van and turn clockwise until it locks into place. Plug the other end into a 250V three phase outlet. The odds of you having a 250V three phase at your house or office is very slim. Please make sure you have the proper power source before renting this van.
  • Turn control box ON via power button and set to desired temperature
  • Do not use extension cords

WHAT IS ROADSIDE MODE?

Roadside mode means you’re powering the refrigeration unit using the van’s engine. This works just fine and is intended to be used when the van is NOT parked. The unit will always work best in this mode when actually driving (as opposed to idling).

CAN THIS VAN REPLACE A TRADITIONAL COMMERCIAL OR RESIDENTIAL REFRIGERATOR AT MY RESTAURANT OR BUSINESS?

These refrigerated vans are meant to provide temporary, mobile, refrigerated solutions.

IN THE EVENT OF AN ISSUE WITH THE REFRIGERATION/FREEZER UNIT THAT CAUSES MY PRODUCT TO GO BAD, WILL YOU REIMBURSE ME FOR THE LOSS?

We are not responsible for any lost product or revenue due to a malfunction of any kind.

WHAT’S THE LOWEST TEMPERATURE YOUR FREEZER VAN CAN REACH?

Freezer Vans are powered by the Thermo King V520 RT MAX and our testing has gotten temperatures down to 13 degrees Fahrenheit in roadside mode and -10 degrees Fahrenheit in standby mode.

MidRoofs and HighRoofs are powered by the Thermo King V320 and our testing has gotten temperatures down to 31 degrees Fahrenheit in roadside mode and 20 degrees Fahrenheit in standby mode.

Transit Connects are powered by the Thermo King V220 and our testing has gotten temperatures down to 36 degrees Fahrenheit in roadside mode and 29 degrees Fahrenheit in standby mode.

I’M PACKING PRODUCT IN THIS VAN RIGHT UP TO THE FRIDGE/FREEZER UNIT AND/OR THE CEILING. NO PROBLEM, RIGHT?

Wrong. That’s a problem. Do not stack product so that it will block air flow. Proper airflow under the product is good too. Try to use a pallet when possible.

I DON’T HAVE COMMERCIAL AUTO INSURANCE. CAN YOU PROVIDE COVERAGE?

For renters who don’t qualify for a corporate account, we sell Renter’s Liability Insurance (RLI) and Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) for an additional cost. It is important to note that CDW does not cover any damage caused by overhead collision or negligent behavior (among other things) and CDW comes with a $1500 deductible. 

All corporate accounts must provide an insurance certificate naming California Rent A Car both “Additional Insured” and “Loss Payee” as well as provide evidence of at least $1,000,000 in automobile liability coverage. California Rent A Car must be listed as a certificate holder.

WHAT’S THE MINIMUM AGE TO RENT ONE OF YOUR VANS?

All drivers must be 25 or older.

For more information please call (310) 477-2727